Please put down your gardening diaries, plot planners and packets of seeds for a moment… I have an announcement to make.
I am excited to tell you that my humble cottage, here at Dig My Veg, is now sporadically available as a self-catering holiday let for 3, a double and a single.
Yes, my gardening friends… If you fancy a long weekend or more exploring beautiful Somerset, then this could well be your perfect place to stay!
A cosy sofa and wood burner… a comfortable bed and gardening books… a kitchen with a slow cooker and secateurs … what more do you need?!
The cottage is nestled betwixt Glastonbury, Somerton, and Castle Cary, on the edge of a pretty village. It was built in 1858 as a labourer’s des-res on the local bigwig’s Estate.
You will be spoilt for choice for things to do around here:
- Glorious gardens – yes, even more glorious than mine 😉 – are plentiful in Somerset, as are historic houses and lovely landscapes.
- Arty, hip’n’happening Bruton (not forgetting its Hauser & Wirth garden) and crafty, creative Frome beckon you for brunch.
- Glastonbury itself, with its Tor, Abbey, Festival, and a high street like no other, is just a pootle away…
- As are Wells Cathedral and the Bishops Palace garden
- Then there’s the Somerset Levels and the Avalon Marshes, and the Mendip Hills with Cheddar Gorge and Wookey caves.
- Gorgeous Georgian Bath, historic and happening Bristol are an hour to the north.
- The romantic Quantocks and wind-swept Exmoor, and its rugged coastline, lie to the west. Or drive south for an hour to search for fossils on the beach at Lyme Regis.
- Bring your bikes, and explore the sign-posted cycle routes (feel free to lock your bikes in the shed), weave a basket, sample the cider… pop your wellies on and stomp across the field to the pub for a pint and a roast.
- Or maybe combine a weekend with one of Charles Dowding’s ‘No Dig’ courses (very close by).
- Perhaps you’re going to Glastonbury Festival and fancy waking up in crisp white sheets with the smell of roses, refreshed and gorgeous, instead of a muddy, crumpled sleeping bag, with eye-bags to match, and the all-pervading whiff of 180,000 morning ablutions?
Of course, you could just come and stay at the cottage all day and unwind in the privacy of the ‘Dig My Veg’ garden! Search this blog by month to see what it might look like at any point in the year. You are welcome to potter, ponder and pick!
Or set up the lounger under the apple tree and close your eyes.
If it’s raining, there’s a comfy sofa and a selection of gardening books on the shelf (of course!) as well as tons of gardening magazines. And a wood burner to keep you toasty when it’s cold.
The kitchen is a simple affair, a bit old-fashioned, but has everything you need.
I’ll be based near by during rentals, so will be on hand to welcome you and help out with any questions, suggestions and directions, should you want it.
Explore the garden, and sample the delights!
Thank you for looking 🙂 … And please feel free to share this post with your friends
But what about the blog, I hear you ask?
Fear not. I’ll still be tending the garden between guest visitations… and I’ve started helping out with my elderly parents plot too, which will add blog fodder, I’m sure 🙂 I might also stretch out to embrace more about lovely Somerset… let’s see… Like the garden, it’s all going organic!